James Gregg Parsons Cemetery, Romney, WV
Located southwest of Valley View on knoll; on private property.
- Parsons, Mary C. (Forman) Casey Oct.3, 1773 - June 2, 1846
- Parsons, Baldwyn 1819-1823
- Parsons, Catherine 1807-1808
- Parsons, David Casey 1803 m. 1826 d. 1859
- Parsons, James Casey 1835-1855
- Parsons, James Gregg July 8, 17?? m. Mar. 6, 1795 d. Jan. 3, 1847
- Parsons, James Gregg "Biggie" 1798 m. 1826 d. 1858 died at home [Valley View]
- Parsons, Margaret 1822-1823
- Parsons, Nicholas Casey 1840-1858 (died at Georgetown College, D.C., 19 October, 1858)
Information taken from notes made by Edwin Jacobs who was involved in building the Parsons bell tower at Indian Mound Cemetery. His notes may contain information not on original stones. Note: some stones in the Bell Tower are not gravestones from the cemetery. However, there appear to be more people in the cemetery than we list here.
Note: the name of the house, Valley View, was given by Elizabeth Harmison after her home in Faquier County, Virginia after she moved to the Romney house in 1869.
Our thanks to William Rice for supplying this information.